Re: [VHFcontesting] QSL cards for W1AW portable operations....

To: "Marshall-K5QE" <k5qe@k5qe.com>, "VHF Contesting" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, "NTMS" <ntms@texans.net>, "Pacific NW VHF Society" <PNWVHFS@googlegroups.com>, "Lousiana Contest Club" <lcc@louisianacontestclub.org>, "Hamlist Remailer" <hamlist@w5nac.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] QSL cards for W1AW portable operations....
From: "John Geiger" <af5cc@fidmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 21:37:56 -0000
I saw something on the ARRL website that you will be able to sign up to have the W1AW/P cards sent to you via the incoming QSL bureau.

73 John AF5CC

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marshall-K5QE" <k5qe@k5qe.com> To: "VHF Contesting" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>; "NTMS" <ntms@texans.net>; "Pacific NW VHF Society" <PNWVHFS@googlegroups.com>; "Lousiana Contest Club" <lcc@louisianacontestclub.org>; "Hamlist Remailer" <hamlist@w5nac.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2014 9:26 PM

Hello to everyone....I got a real QSL card from a DL ham for a 2M EME contact made from W1AW/5. He did not have any idea where to send it, so he sent it to me since he knew that I was the operator at W1AW/5(NR5M) at the time. I had to write an email to ARRL to find out the correct mailing address....I looked for several minutes on the ARRL web site and could not find anything useful.

Here is the address:

ARRL HQ
W1AW Ops
225 Main St.
Newington, CT 06111
USA

I asked the ARRL contact to make sure that the correct mailing address was easily available on the web site....out where anyone could find it. Maybe they will do this so that others will not have to jump through hoops to figure out where to send the cards.

If you have regional reflectors in your area, you might post this address to them, so that others will know where to send their cards.....

73 es GL....Marshall K5QE
Op at W1AW/5