[VHFcontesting] Fwd: KC9BQA’s VHF/UHF Gear For Sale

To: "nimrods@yahoogroups.com" <nimrods@yahoogroups.com>, "MAMS@mailman.qth.net" <MAMS@mailman.qth.net>, "MIcro-nuts@yahoogroups.com" <MIcro-nuts@yahoogroups.com>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Fwd: KC9BQA’s VHF/UHF Gear For Sale
From: Mark Thompson <wb9qzb_groups@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 12:43:53 -0700 (PDT)

________________________________

KC9BQA’s VHF/UHF Gear For Sale
8:30am Saturday

I’ve tried writing this many times the past year or two.  It never feels
right.  Oh well.

There are way more things that will end up for sale than are listed here.  But
it will take time, so today I’ll start with these small steps.

RIGS:
Icom IC-910 with optional 1296 MHz module.  Bought new about 10
        years ago, and it’s never given me a moment of trouble.  So you
        get 100w on 144, 75 on 432 and 10 on 1296.  All-mode, of
        course.  I will include an SM-6 hand mic.  $1150

Yaesu FT-736R’s.  I have a pair.   Both have 50, 144, 222 and 432 MHz — all
modes.   I have one MD-1 desk mic and a hand mic for the other.  These rigs
will get you on 222 SSB, plus you get all 4 bread-and-butter V/UHF bands with
25w out.  Both rigs have performed flawlessly for me.   The rigs are $1100 each
and the  MD-1 is $50.
C-575H — 100w on 6 Meters.  All-mode.  Rig is used – 6 is my favorite band.
$450 with a hand mic or $500 if you want an SM-6 desk mic as part of the deal.

BRICK AMPS:
TE Systems 1412G.  25w in gets you 150-160w on 2 meters.   I’m the original
owner and it works fine.  Includes onboard preamp.  $225.

TE Systems 2212G’s.  25w in gets you 125-130w on 222/223 MHz.   Again, I’m the
original owner and they work fine.  I have a pair, and they’re $325 each.
Reason they’re more than the 1412G is that these cost considerably more new.

RF Concepts RF4-310.  25-30w in gets you 100-120w out on 432/440 MHz.   I
bought it used and it looks used.  But these are solid performers and it just
keeps on working.  $150.

That’s what I’m ready to sell today.  Like I said, there’s far more I will have
for sale, and I can go into that later.  Trying to keep things simple right now.

Those are cash-and-carry prices.  For the next month or two, I’m only posting
this gear for sale via kc9bqa.com and thru 4 Midwest VHF/UHF groups.  I want
those VHF’ers to have the first chances.
At this time, I’d prefer face-to-face transactions.   I will also consider
driving a few hours for the right buyer.  I’d much prefer that to shipping.

If you like short stories, you’re done.  Thanks for reading.  Check back at
kc9bqa.com frequently because I will make more for sale posts as we get later
into spring and summer.
There will be rotors, towers, long yagis for 28 thru 2304 MHz,  feedline, power
supplies and accessories.  If you have a sincere interest, contact me.

My email is good at qrz.com.  If you can’t access that, then please use wi.todd
(at sign) yahoo.com.  I don’t mind emailing or talking, but I am discouraging
curiosity-seekers.

Amateur Electronic Supply’s Superfest is ON again this year.  Superfest is from
9am -3pm on Saturday, April 5th.  This draws in hams from WI and surrounding
states.

My QTH is 35 minutes north of Superfest and if you want to personally inspect
the gear and my shack, this would be a great opportunity.   I will plan on
being around my QTH on April 4, 5 and 6th.

If you have interest in inspecting this gear, email me and we’ll figure out a
time to get together.  If you cannot make it to Superfest but would still like
to see the gear, we can make other times work — just email and we’ll set
something up.
I work out of my home and I’m often available during the afternoon and/or early
evening.
OK, time to hit the ”publish” button and put this out in cyberspace.  It’s
going to look weird, but it’s time.