[VHFcontesting] 2M Sprint

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 2M Sprint
From: Ron Klimas WZ1V <wz1v@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2014 09:19:07 -0400
Last night conditions seemed fair despite the rain
and activity pretty good through at least 9 PM.
I was surprised how many people thought they had
to exchange 6 digit grids, despite the sponsor page
stating it's only required for the Microwave Sprint.
Maybe if it said "Exchange 4 digit grid except for..).
Some of the highlights for me was working W1AW/3 FN10
(thanks Phil!), and finding N2SLN in FN13 this time
instead of the usual FN22. I also managed to fill in
FN12 & FN02 to the West-NW, a tough direction for me.
Best DX was NG4C FM16. On the downside there was the
usual cluster of nearby missed grids FN22, 23, 24, 33.
And no FM18 this time. Still it was great fun,
Totals: 63 Q's and 18 Grids. Tnx to all who got on
and to our (new) Sponsors! C'ya on 222 next week.
-73, Ron WZ1V, FN31rh