[VHFcontesting] Another SPRINT Scheduled: 420- 450 MHz (70cm) Spring Spr

To: CVARCDiscussion@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Another SPRINT Scheduled: 420- 450 MHz (70cm) Spring Sprint Contest To Be Held On Wednesday Evening, 23April!!
From: peter h <n6ze@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 14:05:03 -0400 (EDT)

For those who missed the 222 MHz Sprint last week & the 2 Meter Sprint the week
before, here is another opportunity to have a little
a bit of communications excitement.

The  420 - 450 MHz (70cm) Spring Sprint will be held on Wednesday Evening, 23
April from 7 PM - 11PM Local Time.

Sprints for other VHF/UHF Bands will be as follows: 902MHz/33cm & up Saturday
Morning, 03 May; & 50MHz/6m Saturday 10 May 2300Z - Sunday 11 May 0300Z.

Although not too many hams participate in the Sprint Events, each provide a
challenge to use your equipment, no matter how simple or sophisticated. Most
stations operate for a limited time period of the 4 hour event.

This is a good opportunity to evaluate different antennas for ACS/RACES/ARES
Emergency communications and to participate in "SIMPLEX" operating.

For the 420 - 450 MHz Sprint, Woodie, KJ6VZC, & I personally plan to be on from
7PM - 9 PM and use 446.0 MHz FM Simplex and 432.100 MHz USB/CW with  about 50
watts & an 18 element yagi. We plan to operate from the Santa Monica Mountains,
CA. (Probably DM04qc) If propagation conditions are decent, we probably will be
able to work as far North as Sacramento.

Very brief summary of 420 - 450 MHz Spring Sprint Rules:

a. 420 - 450 MHz only
b. Any transmit modes: FM, SSB, CW, etc   (NO Repeater Use)
c. Single Operator or Rover Entry only
d. Scoring: 1 point per QSO times total Number of different Grid Squares Worked
(All of Ventura Co., CA is located in Grid DM04)
e. Exchange: Callsigns & Grid Square

Complete Sprint rules & entry submission info are available at this url:
Note in particular rule "7.0 Assistance": you ARE PERMITTED to make schedules
by means of telephone, packet, internet, or on an amateur radio frequency.

Entry submission: Use >>>> http://www.3830scores.com/<<<< Score & QTH are
needed; no full log submission needed!

Note: If there is enough interest, I shall try to issue a certificate to the
highest score submitted from each 6 Digit Grid Locator in California. (This
means that I must get a copy of your log!)

Note: Last week, AG6AY (DM04ng) received a "winner certificate" for submitting
the highest 222MHz/135cm Sprint score among the 4 participants from Moorpark,
CA.

bt73Pete, N6ZE, in DM04ne today
n6ze@aol.com
805.796.6693 cell