[VHFcontesting] 432 Sprint

To: VHF Contest Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 432 Sprint
From: Bill Olson <callbill@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 13:58:02 +0000
432 MHz Spring Sprint

Call: K1DY
Operator(s): K1DY
Station: K1DY

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN54jq
Operating Time (hrs): 2.5

Total:   QSOs = 2   Mults = 2     Total Score = 4

Comments:

Interesting night. I got on about 7:30 with the 'rover station' on a local
hilltop. Immediately heard Dave, K1WHS, in FN43 and after getting him to turn
his antenna NE, we worked and he was 10 over 9. Spent the next half hour
tuning, calling CQ, with not much luck.. at around 8:15 local heard and worked
N2SLN in FN22!! that's over 300 miles and signals were S6 both ways on SSB!
That was the last station I worked.. hung around for another hour trying but no
luck..

Did hear WZ1V, W1AW/2, VE2XX and a bunch of signals too weak to pull out full
calls. I was running 75 watts and 15 elements.

Still it was fun to get on!  bill, K1DY