[VHFcontesting] Alpha Amplifiers and TEN-TEC Merge

To: PNWVHFS@googlegroups.com, CVARCDiscussion@yahoogroups.com, vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Alpha Amplifiers and TEN-TEC Merge
From: peter h via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 13:59:47 -0400 (EDT)

-----Original Message-----
From: RF Concepts/Alpha Amplifiers <info@rfconcepts.com>
To: k1fjm <k1fjm@aol.com>
Sent: Mon, May 12, 2014 2:46 pm
Subject: Alpha Amplifiers and TEN-TEC Merge

Hi, just a reminder that you're receiving this email because you have expressed
an interest in RF Concepts/Alpha Amplifiers. Don't forget to add
newsletter@rfconcepts.com to your address book so we'll be sure to land in your
inbox!

You may unsubscribe if you no longer wish to receive our emails.

Announcing the Merger of Alpha Amplifiers & Tentec

Alpha Amplifiers and TEN-TEC Merge Under RF Concepts Banner

LONGMONT, Colo.- May 9, 2014 - Announcing today the merger of Longmont,
Colorado -based RF  Concepts LLC / Alpha Amplifiers and Sevierville,
Tenn.-based TEN-TEC  Inc., RF Concepts Chairman Michael Seedman, AA6DY,
declared the union  the perfect combination of amateur radio brands. The merger
creates  a multi-million-dollar company with products that span QRP
transceivers  to full-legal-limit amplifiers and establishes an organization
with the  size and scale to continue to innovate into the next decade and
beyond.

RF Concepts/Alpha Amplifiers has been building amplifiers continuously since
the early 1970s and has put more than 13,000 amplifiers in the hands of
demanding amateur radio operators. Alpha Amplifiers are considered "the  finest
line of linear amplifiers in the world" by the ham community.  TEN-TEC, founded
in 1968, produces top-of-the-line receivers,  transceivers, amplifiers and
tuners and is known worldwide for the  reliability and performance of its
products.

"For  more than 40 years, Alpha Amplifiers and TEN-TEC have shared a
reputation in the amateur radio market for offering exceptionally
well-engineered, American-made products backed by extraordinary customer
service," said Seedman. "Alpha Amplifiers is known for 'key down  performance,'
and TEN-TEC is known for pushing the boundaries of  transceiver performance and
capabilities.

"The  merger of these brands under the RF Concepts banner makes perfect
sense," added Seedman, "not only in terms of creating a powerful product  line,
but also in terms of positioning our company for the future. This  merger more
than doubles the size of our business allowing us to invest  more capital in
innovative engineering and customer-driven product  development."

RF  Concepts' operations will now be shared between its Longmont Colorado
facility and its Sevierville Tennessee facility. The company is  currently
seeking a new operations facility in the Sevierville area to  more efficiently
house factory operations, part of the engineering  resources, and technical and
customer support services. The Colorado  facility will house engineering
resources, technical and customer  support services, and much of the
front-office operations.

Both  Jim Wharton, NO4A, who in January of this year took the reins of  TEN-TEC
upon the retirement of founder Jack Burchfield, K4JU and Ken  Long, N0QO, who
has been overseeing the operations at Alpha Amplifiers  will be Presidents of
their respective group, working together to build a  strong, innovative
company.

"Ken  and I have spent quite a bit of time discussing our short- and  long-term
focus over the last few weeks and I feel our responsibilities  are very clearly
defined.", said Wharton.

"Jim and I have a lot of work to do to make sure the merging of these two
brands goes as smoothly as possible." added Long.

The  merger announcement comes just days before one of the signature amateur
radio events in North America-the Dayton (Ohio) Hamvention-where more  than
75,000 hams are expected to converge on the Hara Arena Complex to  discover the
latest innovations in amateur radio. Both Alpha Amplifiers  and TEN-TEC will
operate separate booths at this years show (May 16 -  18). Both booths will
feature new products and special offers to  commemorate the merger. At booths
209-210 in the North Hall, Alpha  Amplifiers will be demonstrating the
soon-to-be released DreamTuner 4040  Automatic Antenna Tuner, a graphically
based, 4KW Autotuner. At booths  458-450 in the East Hall, TEN-TEC will unveil
the Patriot, an open  source, arduino-based SSB transceiver.

About RF Concepts/Alpha Amplifiers
RF  Concepts/Alpha Amplifiers manufactures high-end linear amplifiers for  ham
radio enthusiasts. Based in Longmont, Colo., the company is known  worldwide
for its quality amplifiers. Alpha Amplifiers have been  continuously
manufactured in the United States since the early 1970s.

About TEN-TEC
TEN-TEC  Inc. was founded in 1968 to provide beautifully engineered,
well-crafted, well-supported and high-performing products to the amateur  radio
market. For 46 years the Sevierville, Tenn.-based company has  passionately
designed, crafted and tested premium products which have  earned the company a
solid reputation and loyal brand followers  throughout the world.
###

 Ken Long
 303-473-9232

Forward this email

This email was sent to k1fjm@aol.com by info@rfconcepts.com  |
Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe™  |
Privacy Policy.

RF Concepts/Alpha Amplifiers | 634 S. Sunset | Longmont | CO | 80501