[VHFcontesting] Mobile EME mount for sale

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, <microwave@lists.valinet.com>, <Moon-net@list-serv.davidv.net>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Mobile EME mount for sale
From: "F. Veitch" <fletchv3@frontiernet.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 14:21:35 -0400
For Sale: the mobile EME antenna mount and drive from the KC3RE ?Moonmobile?
without antennas.

This mount was originally designed by me for KC3RE who was an avid weak
signal guy and who has worked EME from all over the world. The design goals
were to build an EME capable mount for his Land Rover that met the following
goals.

*       Operation on both 2m and 70 cm
*       Enough gain to work CW EME with the big boys
*       Enough gain to easily work JT-65 off the moon on either band
*       Legally transportable and drivable in all states
*       Setup time under ½ hour
*       Fully spaced antennas for best G/T
*       Electrical elevation
*       Able to operate mobile terrestrial
*       Rugged construction
*       SAFE to use in transit

The design started with a huge amount of modeling in NEC_Win Pro to look at
the interaction between the frame, the antennas and the vehicle.  The end
result is a good compromise for pattern purity and fully spaced antennas.
The original antennas were 2 x 15 K1FO for 2m and 2 X M2-9WL for 70 cm.
Martin used a 375W 2m and a 200W 70 cm amp with an FT-857 and good LNAs.

It works well. Elevation is via a small remotely operated winch mounted to a
trailer hitch receptacle. Azimuth is tracked using the vehicle (a drive in
circles drive.) Because of the wide 3 dB points, you do not need to move
very often ? say every 12-15 minutes.

The SVHF Society paper resulting from this is available on request as are
photos.  Price $200.00 plus shipping if required.

You will need to have a pickup truck to move it assembled due to size, but
it is all aluminum and not very heavy. I will be glad to meet you for
delivery within 100 miles of Points, WV (25437). Or, we can possibly work
something else out depending on circumstances.  It might be possible to
disassemble parts of the mount and ship by UPS but it will take several
hours of work to get it ready to pack. I hate to see all of this work not be
used by someone. Think of all those states you could activate off the moon!

73 and tnx for looking.

Fletch

K3JYD

FM09