[VHFcontesting] CQWW Rules

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] CQWW Rules
From: "John Lindholm" <w1xx@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 06:43:48 -0400
I guess I may have to take offense to Les' latest tirade.  As the now former
director of the CQWW VHF Contest, I wrote the rule regarding the use of
passive assistance in the contest.  For anyone who has been on the VHF
contesting scene in the 80s, 90s, and 2000s, I think I can stack up my VHF
contesting credentials against anyone's..I won the first CQ VHF WPX Contest
for starters. . The rule was written during careful deliberation and input
from VHF contesters such as  W3ZZ (SK) and others with vast VHF contest
experience. I have seen nothing but praise on this reflector from
knowledgeable ops like K5QE. This rule change in effect now for the past 3
years (I think) has moved us into the 21st century.  It reflects what real
VHF operating is all about without compromising the integrity of the
competition. Some have wished that ARRL VHF contesting would follow suit.
But that's another story. The early responses to Les' initial "confusion"
answered the question exactly correctly.  Yours for better VHF contesting.
73!!!!

John, W1XX FN41ej