Re: [VHFcontesting] CQ VHF & "Self Spotting"

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] CQ VHF & "Self Spotting"
From: Arliss <w7xu@w7xu.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 16:23:57 -0500
On 2014-07-22 14:36, Chet S wrote:

RA: I do. Picking operating times, station building, digging, searching,
straining for contacts is quite satisfying when
successful. Who would enjoy a treasure hunt if someone posted a map showing
where the hole was already dug and
all you needed to do was go there and lift it out?

Someone (who contested on both HF and VHF) once said that for many HFers, the point of contesting is in the finding, while for many VHFers, the point is the working.

Not to put words in Les's mouth, but I think he's suggesting that if you live where it's highly unlikely that you'll ever find treasure without a map, spending the weekend digging holes may not strike you as much fun.

I can't imagine operating the 10 GHz contest without prearranged schedules.

3,  Arliss  W7XU