Re: [VHFcontesting] CQ WW VHF Contest 2014

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] CQ WW VHF Contest 2014
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 20:42:59 -0500
Here in Illinois, not much. I was in the Hilltopper category and I chose my
operating time to be from contest start to 2359Z on Saturday (I didn't
quite last that long). There was a promise of an opening to New England
from before the contest and maybe for a couple hours. I was hearing a
couple W1 beacons on 6m quite loud. Strangely enough, I only heard a few
stations from that region and only worked two of them. QSB was very deep
and stations would be S9 one minute and in the noise the next. One VE3
station faded out before I could work him. Then the band petered out and I
only made local QSO's on 6m till I went QRT.

I heard there was an opening during the last few hours of the contest on 6m
for this area but I missed that.

73, Zack W9SZ