[VHFcontesting] New 2M beacon in EN83fa - 144.295 MHz K8MM/B

To: "mvhfs@k8tb.org" <mvhfs@k8tb.org>, vhfcontesting@contesting.com, mrrc@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] New 2M beacon in EN83fa - 144.295 MHz K8MM/B
From: Ian Hill <ihk8mm@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2014 04:04:08 -0400
Hello everyone,

Because of the lack of a reliably heard 2M beacon in Southeast Michigan I've been wanting to put a 2M beacon on the air for a while now. At Dayton this year I picked up a nice used FT-290R and a small brick amp with the intention of putting a 2M beacon on the air. This past week I finally got around to home-brewing an antenna and getting it mounted at the 90' level on the tower. The power to the antenna was measured at 10W and it's feeding a horizontally polarized omnidirectional antenna.

The cw message is "V V V de K8MM/B EN83FA FLINT MI", repeating about every 10 seconds. Hopefully this will be of use to some of you before the Sept VHF contest.

I have also plans for putting 50, 222 and 432 MHz beacons on the air in the future as well.

73,
Ian - K8MM

K8MM/B 144.295 MHz 10W to horizontal omni in EN83FA.