[VHFcontesting] VUCC Confirmations UPDATE

To: "vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu" <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>, VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] VUCC Confirmations UPDATE
From: Les Rayburn <les@highnoonfilm.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2014 12:22:10 -0500
I want to be clear that I'm not calling any hams that I've worked and not yet received cards from "dead beats" or even implying that the fault is theirs. I've already gotten several e-mails on that topic, expressing displeasure with my naming call signs.

To prove that point, Kirby Heathcock, KB5AAB was "tracking down" this morning. I finally found a working phone number that lead me to his father. He explained that Kirby was currently on a drilling ship somewhere off the coast of South Korea, and would not return for many more days. For anyone who's had trouble getting a card from Kirby, this explains that situation. He travels at lot for work, and moves around a lot.

As someone who works 10-12 hours, 6-7 days a week--I can understand that completely.

Apologies for anyone I offended.

Les Rayburn, N1LF
121 Mayfair Park
Maylene, AL 35114
EM63nf

6M VUCC #1712
AMSAT #38965
Grid Bandits #222
Southeastern VHF Society
Central States VHF Society Life Member
Six Club #2484

Active on 6 Meters thru 1296, 10GHz & Light