Re: [VHFcontesting] 222 MHz Sprint

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 222 MHz Sprint
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 08:06:58 -0500
When I started VHF contesting back around 1991 or so, I just had a
homebrew box for 144 MHz. I kept building transverters for new bands
and now I have a bunch of boxes to haul around for the contests.
Homebrew transverters for 50 through 24192 MHz. I'm working on 47 GHz
but that will only be taken out on special occasions, like in the 10
GHz contest when I'll be within a few miles of someone else with 47
GHz capabilities.

The SDR radio for 222 looks like a good idea to me. I'm currently
using the W1VT no-tune transverter for 222 MHz. It is a very good
performer. I'll be using it in the 222 Sprint tomorrow.

73, Zack W9SZ