Re: [VHFcontesting] June results

Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] June results
From: Larissa Reise <ve3kgc@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2014 23:38:15 -0500
Thank you very much for posting this. It takes so very long to get the
results fully calculated that I'd all but forgotten to keep an eye on the
ARRL site. Although the "contest database" has not yet been updated, I'm
extremely pleased to see my call sign, VE3KGC/R, listed as Limited Rover!
I'm also truly astounded by some of the scores - my humble 675 points
definitely pales in comparison. But then again, my main objective this year
was to meet or beat my 2012 June VHF contest score which was 275 points.

Next on the list: maybe an amplifier so I can transmit with more than my
barefoot 55W...

It's been a blast and I look forward to participating again in future years!

73,

VE3KGC Larissa :)

On Saturday, November 8, 2014, Willis Parr via VHFcontesting <
vhfcontesting@contesting.com> wrote:

> I am a little late in discovering my 3rd place regional position (Rover)
> in the June contest.
> I printed the published article and shared with the XYL. As we carefully
> read every word leading to the final results,
> I mentioned that I would eventually (most likely in several years) see my
> call mentioned "somewhere in a contest article".
> Well, to my surprise, K0AXX/R and his 5700 points earned a spot this year!
> Thanks to all who keep this reflector going and definitely interesting.
> You don't know what it means, to me, to eyeball that Midwest Regional spot.
> I am already planning and upgrading for 2015 and hope to be heard from all
> 8 planned grids.
> Hopefully the elements stay on the antennas at 70, next year!
>
> 73,
>
> de K0AXX
>
> Will in EM20VJ

Sent from my iPhone