[VHFcontesting] FS: Icom 706MKII HF/6m/2m all mode

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] FS: Icom 706MKII HF/6m/2m all mode
From: "John Geiger" <af5cc@fidmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 03:18:49 -0000
I have for sale an Icom 706MKII in good condition-has a smudge on the top cover
and a few scratches here and there but actually looks pretty good overall. The
sides and face look good as well. . This is the model that does 100 watts on HF
and 6m and 20 watts on 2m so it would make a nice VHF contesting rig where you
can drive an amp on 2m and use the 10m band as a transverter IF as well.  Also
has a built in keyer and SWR meter.

It is the perfect size for roving as well.

It comes with the hand mic and a power cord. It works great (I have worked over
160 countries with it since January) except for the VOX which rapidly switches
between transmit and receive once you stop talking. I have tried to fix this
with different settings for VOX gain and Anti-VOX but no luck yet. Maybe you
can find the correct settings for it, or just not use VOX.  This is a great rig
if you can overlook the VOX issue.

I am asking $425 plus shipping and can take paypal, check, or a MO.

73 John AF5CC