Re: [VHFcontesting] Comments on ARRL VHF/UHF Contest Rules Change Propos

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Comments on ARRL VHF/UHF Contest Rules Change Proposals
From: Bob K0NR - email list <list@k0nr.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2014 15:59:36 -0700
On 12/6/2014 3:27 PM, Marshall-K5QE wrote:
The Committee also did some nice house cleaning on the FM side of things. They propose removing the restriction on 146.52 and on use of repeaters to solicit contacts. The contacts must still be made on simplex frequencies. This will not help me personally, as there is essentially no FM activity around here for me to work. But it may help others. Unfortunately, there is the distinct possibility that this may only give another advantage to the NE stations where there are a lot more stations close by, many of them little FM stations. I agree that the NE stations do not need any more advantages over the rest of us.....

Marshall,
I have not seen this posted anywhere (removing the prohibition of 146.52 MHz) ...can you point me to it?

73, Bob

--
Bob Witte / Amateur Radio K0NR / bob@k0nr.com / blog: www.k0nr.com