Re: [VHFcontesting] ebay 222 transverter boards

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] ebay 222 transverter boards
From: Erich <cq.n6fd@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 10:55:52 -0800
The PA transistor he is showing there certainly has the capability of producing the 10W. I have been looking at that one for some of my projects. Without going through a full circuit analysis, it looks like a fairly straightforward basic transverter,. It uses dual gate MOSFETs for mixers with no LNA, so I would be concerned about the NF and third order intercept point. It looks like it uses diode switching for the T/R switching. Looks like some packaged 97 MHz commercial oscillator for the LO; would like to know what the accuracy and stability of that is as well.

73, Erich
N6FD
DM15dp