Re: [VHFcontesting] General Contest rules on VHF

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] General Contest rules on VHF
From: Ward Silver <hwardsil@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2015 17:34:29 -0600
I have suggested to NN1N and W1MSW that they clarify what does and does not make a station SO vs SOU for the *current* VHF+ contests, including Jan 2015. The SOU category is now able to make use of spotting information just as it is for HF contests. Nothing in the current rule set permits self-spotting, so that is still the same - it hasn't changed.

I don't think the ad-hoc committee's recommendations will be overly dependent on the current rules. Nothing proposed by the ad-hoc committee has been adopted yet nor do I think it has even been formally submitted to the ARRL Board. I'm not on the committee so take that with the appropriate dose of NaCl.

73, Ward N0AX