Re: [VHFcontesting] Whats up with the VHF Contests?

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Whats up with the VHF Contests?
From: Buddy Morgan via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2015 10:41:44 -0500
Something that I wanted to comment on was the statement, made by several
people that the limited rover category had detracted from microwave activity.
 During the June contest, I operated limited rover, from four North Florida
 Grids. I operated limited rover because I did not have room, in my
Volkswagen  Jetta to take 1296 or 5760. I have an IC 7100 installed in the
Jetta.
On a day  to day basis, I operate D Star and occasionally 2M and 70 cm SSB,
from the car.  I use whips for D Star and a dual band loop for SSB. I turned
the  Jetta into a rover by building a Drive-Over mount, with three sections
of  aluminum mast, a 6M Dipole and small yagis for 2M and 70 cm. I didn't
have room  to pack my IC 9100 for 1296 or my transverter/dish for 5.7.

Limited rover worked for me. I did not have to compete with people that had
 ten or 11 bands. It can get your average IC 706 owner into VHF contesting.
I do  not think the limited rover category detracts from the contest.

Buddy Morgan WB4OMG