[VHFcontesting] ARRL VHF

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] ARRL VHF
From: "Dave, WV9E" <dave@wv9e.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 22:44:57 -0600
Just an FYI

As a consequence of the below event we run in LaCrosse I will be FM only and vertical for most if not all of Saturday. I mention this only for those that may be near us in the vicinity of EN43jv. I'll have all my bands set up but only vertical low to zip gain antennas. I and others will be hovering around 146.46 fm throughout Saturday, if the Q count is sagging and you have some time try us, see what happens. If you have a vertical beam at home or on the road aim it at us.
I plan to be back on Sunday horizontal stuff and modes.

73
Dave, WV9E

50-1296

Funny were I or someone else in EN43 to run the table in the FM category with 1 multiplier...

01/23/15

To all area hams: an annoucement to some and a reminder to others....

The once a year LaCrosse Area FM Simplex QSO party/contest is Saturday Jan 24, 1900 UTC to Sunday Jan 25, 1900 UTC. This is the 5th annual running of the contest here in town. Using your HT, Mobile or Home station make as many contacts as you can on 2 meter FM simplex. That's it. Keep and turn in a log of your contacts for a chance at one of 4 award certificates. Bonus points awarded for making FM simplex contacts on any other V/Uhf band in the contest. DX stations (any station 50 miles or more from LaCrosse) work LaCrosse stations only. Inside the 50 Miles you are a LaCrosse station.

So if you have the time please take a moment to give a call on the 2 meter FM simplex sub-band and work a local in this on air event. Let us see how many local operators we can muster on the band in a single 24 hour period. This is a 24 hour event so any time is a good time. Coincides with the first 24 hours of the ARRL January VHF contest. You can also enter your LaCrosse QSO party contacts in
this ARRL contest, they have an FM only category.

Click http://wv9e.net/fmqso.htm  for details.

If you haven't flipped the radio on 2 for a while here's an excuse. Hope to hear you.

73

Dave, WV9E