[VHFcontesting] FT100D 6 meter problem fixed!

To: yaesu reflector <yaesu@mailman.qth.net>, FT100@yahoogroups.com, vhf contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, 50mhz <50mhz@mailman.qth.net>, 6meter@yahoogroups.com, vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu
Subject: [VHFcontesting] FT100D 6 meter problem fixed!
From: John Geiger <af5cc@fidmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 17:12:35 -0600
Did some additional checking today on the FT100D I wrote about yesterday,
and it appears to be working ok on 6m now. I took everything else out of
line, coax jumpers, the MFJ 941D tuner (it was on the bypass coax
feedthru), the low pass filter (rated for HF and 6m) and ran the 6m coax
directly to the HF/6m pigtail on the rig.  The SWR is now flat, like it
should be!

Not sure why the Icom 706 original under the previous conditions (tuner,
filter, coax jumpers) would show such a different SWR than would the
FT100D, but that is what happened.  I do remember hooking up an Icom
706MKIIG a little while ago and it wasn't putting out full power either
when the 706 original was.

It is strange how different rigs can behave so differently under the same
working conditions.

Thanks for all of the feedback and help.

73 John AF5CC