[VHFcontesting] Median RF Noise Floor

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Median RF Noise Floor
From: "John Santillo" <u1004467@warwick.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 06:23:59 -0500
Hello VHF's,

I have been reading ITU-R P.372-10 and other Noise Power documents on
Terrestrial RF background noise.  I have been trying to determine what is
considered nominal background RF noise.

If I interrupt the graphs and equations properly I come up with the
following RF noise levels for median city area man-made, galactic and
natural noise for a 500Hz bandwidth.

50MHz   = -112dBm

144MHz = -127dBm

222MHz = -133dBm

432MHz = -136dBm

1296MHz = -154dBm

10GHz = -150dBm

My question to the list is, has anyone reviewed other white papers or done
their own measurements that would yield credence to these numbers?

73,

John

N2HMM

  _____

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary and are
addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the
sender. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are
solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Exelis
Inc. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the
presence of viruses. Exelis Inc. accepts no liability for any damage caused
by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.