Re: [VHFcontesting] K1DY/R 432 Sprint results

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] K1DY/R 432 Sprint results
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 11:51:56 -0500
There certainly has been more activity in this contest in past years than
in this one (at least in my area). It's kind of hard to say, because I
operated from a hill with a lot of towers on it and there was some sort of
a digital signal source close to 432 MHz that was so strong it desensed my
receiver (not a ham station in the ham band). I did manage 5 QSO's in 4
grids. I quit at 10 pm local time because the wind had picked up and it was
raining. I didn't mind the rain but was afraid the wind was going to take
down my antenna.

I heard several stations who could not hear me, but I was only running
about 10 watts. I wish they'd set the QRP level for this contest at 10
watts like in the ARRL contests, because I configured my station for that,
and I had to enter in the low power category. Not that it mattered much.
Looking over past logs, I saw many stations I didn't hear last night.

73, Zack W9SZ in EN50