Re: [VHFcontesting] 1.2 yagi

To: "Mike (KA5CVH) Urich" <mike@ka5cvh.com>, VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 1.2 yagi
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 10:10:23 -0500
These loop Yagis can be considerably shortened and still work quite well.

http://www.ntms.org/files/1296%20Loop%20Yagi%20Dimensions.pdf

The thing I like about loopers is that they are durable and if you bend one
of the elements out of place, it's a simple matter to bend it back. I've
been tossing one with 24 elements in and out of my car for years and it
still works. We had a 1296 beacon with a shortened boom loop Yagi (maybe 2
feet long) here for a while and it did well.

73, Zack W9SZ