[VHFcontesting] K7BWH in DN14,DN15 for June VHF

To: <pnwvhfs@googlegroups.com>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] K7BWH in DN14,DN15 for June VHF
From: "Barry Hansen" <barry@k7bwh.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 12:06:07 -0700
Our June VHF Contest grid expedition is DN14 and DN15 in northeastern
Oregon.

http://www.k7bwh.com/dn15.html

K7BWH /R and WE7X /R will be jointly roving on 6- and 2-meters for the
VHF contest.

Our itinerary is:

*         Sat 6/13 in DN14

*         Sun 6/14 in DN15

*         Possibly available on the air a day before and after the
contest

We are rovers; however this is a two-stop expedition and we're not
operating in motion.

My 6m equipment is 1 KW amp with 5-el yagi. On 2m there's 750w amp with
7-el yagi.

Cellphone or Internet is unlikely at these remote campsites so please
post spots if you hear us.

I hope to have digital modes available in case the band is dead, but
won't promise at this time.

Schedules in advance outside the contest are welcomed.

Track me in the contest on APRS: http://aprs.fi/k7bwh

Visitors and interested hams are also welcome to come out to see us.

Comments and suggestions for specific hilltops are also invited since
this is a new region for me.

The goal is to have fun and hand out grids; I'm sure not going to win
contests from remote areas like this. :)

73 Barry K7BWH
PS - Future plans include Oregon's DN02-03-12-13 from the Steen's Mtn
area during the September VHF Contest.