[VHFcontesting] VE3WCC operating from FN15xg for ARRL June VHF Contest

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] VE3WCC operating from FN15xg for ARRL June VHF Contest
From: Glenn MacDonell <glennmacd@rogers.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2015 21:54:14 -0400
The West Carleton Amateur Radio Club of Ottawa will again operate VE3WCC for
the June ARRL VHF QSO Party, our second year at FN15xg after 6 years at FN04xa.

The site is about 30km north of the intersection of FN15, FN25, FN14 and FN24.
Last year we worked rovers operating from FN04xa at bands up to 1296 MHz.

Each year we add capability or power.   This year we will run 1kw at 2m and
500w at 6 m and 70cm this year and 250 - 300w on 222MHz and 1296 MHz. We will
continue to use single long yagis but have improved antennas at 2m and 70cm
this year.  We will also operate (but at much lower powers) all bands from
2304MHz through 24GHz and have added laser communications this year.

We'd gladly set up scheds with base stations and rovers who will be within
range.

We will set up on the site at the Corkery Community Centre 3447 Old Almonte Rd.
Ottawa ON,  lat 45.259316 N long -76.060858 W,  on Friday June 12 and pack up
Monday June 15.  Visitors are welcome to drop by.  Rovers passing nearby are
invited to stop by for a snack and hot coffee.

Schedules are very welcome - please send requests to ve3xra@rac.ca.   We will
have internet at the site and look forward to exploring the new rules for the
contest this year.

Glenn VE3XRA for VE3WCC