Re: [VHFcontesting] Logging Rovers in Contests

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Logging Rovers in Contests
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 12:38:02 -0500
Hi Chuck,

>From ARRL contest rules:

*"3.5.4. *Rovers MUST sign "rover" on Phone and /R on CW and digital modes
after their call sign."

http://www.arrl.org/june-vhf

It should also be logged that way. The one thing I have been curious about
is what happens when a station, planning to be a Rover, signs /R in a
contest, and then ends up only being able to operate from one grid square?
I suspect the ARRL logging robot takes care of that and assigns the
appropriate entry category.

73, Zack W9SZ