Re: [VHFcontesting] Logging Rovers in Contests

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, w5prchuck@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Logging Rovers in Contests
From: James Duffey <jamesduffey@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 12:41:09 -0600
Chuck - There is a subtle point with not so subtle consequences here. KK6MC/r
and KK6MC are not the same call and you could, in principle, have a busted QSO
if you log KK6MC/r as KK6MC. As a rover, KK6MC/r, I can also submit a single op
entry as KK6MC. So if the rover submits two logs, and you log the rover
without the /r, your QSO will not be in the log without the /r and the QSO can
be declared non valid. I am not sure that the ARRL actually does this, but it
certainly can and with more stringent log checking it may happen in the future.

Log the /r on voice, CW and digital and you won’t have any problems. - Duffey
KK6MC/r

--
KK6MC
James Duffey