[VHFcontesting] Working K5QE in the ARRL June contest....

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Working K5QE in the ARRL June contest....
From: Marshall-K5QE <k5qe@k5qe.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 22:04:42 -0500
Hello to all our friends in the VHF / WSJT world from the K5QE contest team....

K5QE will be operating in the ARRL June VHF Contest and would really appreciate any contacts that we can make via FSK441, JT65A, or EME for that "rare" grid. The contest begins 1800 UTC Saturday, June 13th and ends 0300 UTC Monday (Jun 13th - 15th, 2015). For those of us still on local time, that is 1PM CDST on Saturday to 10PM CDST Sunday night.

There are new rules for ARRL VHF contests. Assistance is now allowed to everyone. The new rules for Assistance are extremely liberal....basically you can do just about anything, EXCEPT for posting any contact information. This means that we cannot post "Thank you" after a contact, because it confirms that the contact is complete. Please understand if we don't send you a thank you post. The rules just don't allow that, even though we do it routinely when not contesting.

When we were in the Falkland Islands(VP8), Arliss and I used Dan's(N5TM) chat page. Dan made a VP8-EME tab for us. That worked out VERY well. I have asked Dan to make a K5QE Tab for chat.n5tm.com. So just go to chat.n5tm.com, login with your Call, Name, and Grid. Then click on the K5QE tab. HINT: We will always be monitoring chat.n5tm.com(K5QE Tab).

LATE NIGHT OPERATIONS:
On 6M, IF the band is NOT open for Es, then we will be running meteor scatter(MS) using FSK441 OR we will be looking for long haul contacts using JT65A. When we are running meteor scatter, we will be on 50.265MHz and we will be using the PingJockey chat page. When we are trying for long haul tropo contacts using JT65A, we will be on 50.276MHz and we will be using the N0UK JT65 Terrestrial chat page. Just look for us those chat pages.

When we are running MS on 2M, we will be on 144.142MHz using FSK441 and we will also be using the PingJockey chat page. Trying JT65b for 2M will be done by arrangement if required. Sometimes, a really long QSO can be made when the band is apparently dead, by
using JT65.

On 6M and 2M, we will cease digital meteor scatter operations at 7AM CDST(=1200Z) on Sunday morning and revert to normal tropo type operations. However, we will still be monitoring our 2M and 432 EME stations and will work any callers possible on those bands.

Remember again, that we will always be watching chat.n5tm.com(K5QE Tab). If you need us, you can reach us there. We can set up "strange" schedules or whatever using the chat room.

Thank you in advance for spending some time to work us in the contest. GL to everyone during the contest.

73 Marshall K5QE, EM31cj

Phone at the contest station is 409-787-3831...and yes, you can call us during the contest for scheduling, etc. Just no contact details.