[VHFcontesting] Fwd: CSVHFS Conference Hotel Deadline June 24

To: Nimrods Yahoogroups <nimrods@yahoogroups.com>, Mid-America Microwave Society <mams@mailman.qth.net>, Micro-nuts <micro-nuts@yahoogroups.com>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, "ar220mhz@yahoogroups.com" <ar220mhz@yahoogroups.com>, "ar23cmband@yahoogroups.com" <ar23cmband@yahoogroups.com>, "ar52mhz@yahoogroups.com" <ar52mhz@yahoogroups.com>, "ar902mhz@egroups.com" <ar902mhz@egroups.com>, "6meter@yahoogroups.com" <6meter@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Fwd: CSVHFS Conference Hotel Deadline June 24
From: Mark Thompson <wb9qzb_groups@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 08:38:45 -0700

From: Wayne Heinen via All-members4 <all-members4@csvhfs.org>
Date: Wednesday, June 17, 2015
Subject: [All-members4] CSVHFS Conference Hotel Deadline June 24
To: all-members4 <all-members4@csvhfs.org>

Fellow VHFers --

Registrations for 2015 Central States VHF Society Conference (July 23-27) are
proceeding nicely.

We are working on finalizing a great technical symposium, organizing several
social events, noise figure and antenna range measurements, and planning our
traditional Saturday evening banquet.

If you have not already done so, please consider coming to the event.

You can register here:

http://2015.csvhfs.org/store/

I want to point out an important deadline so no one is caught off-guard.

Our hotel discount cutoff is Wednesday, June 24 at 5PM.

In order to receive the Central States negotiated hotel rate of $109 per night,
you must make your hotel reservation by this date.

The Denver Marriott Westminster is a brand new hotel with exceptional
facilities. You will not find a nicer hotel at this price point in the Denver
area.

I promise you will like the accommodations! You can book the hotel from our
CSVHFS web site.

Just click on the Hotel Registration tab.

http://2015.csvhfs.org/

As you know from previous years, after the June 24 cutoff the hotel releases
our block to the general public. Anyone calling the hotel after that date may
receive a significantly higher rate (the general walk-in rate at this hotel is
$169 per night, with other “lesser” nearby hotels quoting $130 per night rates)
or may find all rooms are booked.

Staying in the Marriott significantly helps reduce our conference facility
costs so please consider staying at the official conference hotel.

As was created last year, we have a page on our web site showing who is coming
to Denver so that you will know who you can rub elbows with while you are in
town.

The list an be found here:

http://2015.csvhfs.org/who-is-registered/

We'll update this list as time permits, so don't panic if you register and
don't immediately see your name on the list.

In case you, didn't see our original message on all that the Denver conference
has to offer, here's a recap:

This year's conference focus is creating activity on the VHF/UHF/SHF bands. We
have an impressive list of speakers supporting this topic.

Topics planned are receiver design, Software Defined Radios, antenna
construction and measurement, station design and construction, operating
techniques and more.

We are working to add more speakers and will post details to the web site soon.

This year our Saturday night banquet speaker is Rick Roderick, K5UR. Rick is an
avid VHF/UHF weak signal enthusiast, and also the First Vice President of the
ARRL. On VHF/UHF, he’s held many operating and achievement records, including
the world distance record for QSO’s on 2 meters meteor scatter and 222 MHz
tropo. He was one of the first to work all continental 48 states on 2 meters
without the use of moonbounce, 47 states in one year. He is second in the world
on 6 meters VUCC and first in the world on VUCC for 2 meters, 222 MHz, 432 MHz,
and 1296 MHz for non-EME. He received the Fred Fish Memorial Award #3 for
having worked all grid squares in the United States on 6 meters.

The conference will feature noise figure and gain measurement, prizes, a rover
and dish bowl, a swap fest and an excellent lineup of vendors.

The social program starts Thursday evening with a catered “Tailgate Party.” We
will have the Rover Row, Dish Bowl and assorted displays of VHF/UHF equipment
at the event.

Several social activities are planned to give attendees a chance to meet their
fellow weak signal enthusiasts.

The alternate activities program, often called the ladies program, has been
restructured. Rather than organized trips we will utilize the hotel concierge
and free shuttle bus to deliver a more personalized experience.

There are numerous shopping centers, outlet malls, day spas, museums, wine
tasting, hiking, biking and natural wonders in the area.

The hotel concierge is just a phone call away and will help you organize a
personal experience.

We will again offer our VHF-101 program focused on the newcomer to VHF and UHF
weak signal operation. Marshall Williams, K5QE and Kent Britain, WA5VJB will
present this session.

New this year is an extension of the VHF-101 program called VHF-102.  This is
an all-day “after conference” session on Sunday.

We will have a number of experienced VHFers presenting on five different
technical topics including: Getting started in Weak Signal, propagation modes,
transverters and transceivers, antennas, station accessories, and the final
session bringing it all together to get on the air. This will be a great series
for the newcomer to VHF and is included in the conference registration.

The Rocky Mountain Ham Radio team has worked hard to make sure you and your
family will have a blast in Denver this year.

But we know that even with all the fun and education we've lined up, the big
draw is you: your fellow VHFers will be traveling to Denver to get an
opportunity to talk with you about your exciting projects and plans. Please
join us for the fun!

If you have any questions, please feel free to drop us an email and someone
from the organizing committee will get right back to you.

73 and see you in Denver!

Doug Sharp, K2AD

2015 CSVHFS President

doug@dougsharp.com