Re: [VHFcontesting] New rules

To: k5qe@k5qe.com, w8zn54@verizon.net, vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] New rules
From: w8zn54@verizon.net
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2015 22:55:19 -0500 (CDT)
Well, it's about as official as it's going to get - a HUGE congrats to Marshall
and the K5QE group for the all time claimed 2m grid total record of 130
grids!!!!! This surpassed a long standing record of 121 grids by W8VP from
1985. While some may not think this is a big deal, trust me it is
monumental!!!! I've broken 100 grids on 2m 5 times during contests. Twice with
my original call, WD8ISK and three times with K8GP. All 5 times were multiop
efforts and twice I was the 2m operator with K8GP. At K8GP, we made 10 band
VUCC three times and as the 2m op twice, I was the last one of the group to
make the mark so I was sweating bullets!!!

Once again, congrats to K5QE and that's a mark that is going to be difficult to
ever beat!!

Thanks to Curt, K9AKS for providing the historical info.

Terry Price
W8ZN - ex K8ISK/WD8ISK
1.8 MHZ - 47 GHz - FM18dv
Member of the K8GP Contest Group