[VHFcontesting] FS: Icom 451 UHF all mode radio

To: forsale-swap@mailman.qth.net, ham4sale <ham4sale@yahoogroups.com>, "OKtraders@yahoogroups.com" <oktraders@yahoogroups.com>, vhf contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, Chris Boone via VHF <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] FS: Icom 451 UHF all mode radio
From: John Geiger <af5cc2@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 13:05:12 -0500
I have for sale an Icom 451 all mode 70cm transceiver in very good
condition.  Looks really good for a radio of this age, and works fine
also.  I have been using it on the satellites with good results, and also
in the UHF contest earlier this month.

It has a built in power supply, and does 10 watts out.  Comes with a power
cord and hand mic. The only "issue" with it is that the level to turn the
VOX off and on is missing.  It is in the VOX on position, but I just turned
the VOX gain all the way down and it functions in PTT mode only. You can
turn up the VOX gain if you want to use it in VOX mode.

This transceiver covers the 430-440 mhz range of 70cm and doesn't have a
tone encoder with it. One could be added, though.  Here is a great chance
to get on 70cm SSB/CW for not a lot of money.

I am asking $160 for it plus shipping, and can take paypal/check/MO.
Pickup is also possible in Lawton, OK or can meet close by for an in-person
deal.

73 John AF5CC