[VHFcontesting] K7BWH Sept VHF contest in southeast Oregon

To: <pnwvhfs@googlegroups.com>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] K7BWH Sept VHF contest in southeast Oregon
From: "Barry Hansen" <barry@k7bwh.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2015 17:04:30 -0700
Barry K7BWH and Rod WE7X will activate some semi-rare grids in Southeast Oregon
before and during the 2015 September VHF Contest. My preliminary schedule is:

·         Tuesday 9/9 –  <http://www.coilgun.info/rover_or/CN92.htm#CN92ab36>
CN92ab (Hamaker Mtn)

·         Saturday 9/12 –  <http://www.coilgun.info/rover_or/DN02.htm> DN02 +
<http://www.coilgun.info/rover_or/DN03.htm> DN03

·         Sunday 9/13 –  <http://www.coilgun.info/rover_or/DN13.htm> DN13 +
<http://www.coilgun.info/rover_or/DN12.htm> DN12

You will be able to watch my contest travels from my APRS beacons at
<http://aprs.fi/k7bwh> http://aprs.fi/k7bwh

I will do a lot of scouting since these areas are new to me. Hilltop
suggestions around the 2-3-12-13 grid corner are welcomed!!

At this time, no forest fires are near our intended targets and the weather
looks promising.

I’m primarily on 6 and 2 meters. To remain nimble and move around in four grids
on two days, the equipment is only medium-sized on this trip. Six meters has a
6m3 antenna and 100 watts. Two meters is a 2m7 antenna with 500 watts. On the
plus side, we’ll setup, operate and camp on really good mountains.

Note that Steve KE7IHG will be in DN02qr (Steens Mtn) during the contest. So
point your antennas toward southeast Oregon! It’s an on-the-air rodeo! Now that
spotting is allowed in VHF contests, post us on teh intertubes! And you can
always try calling or texting my cell phone, although my access will be spotty
in the remote desert.

73 de Barry, K7BWH
PNWVHFS Webmaster
425-503-5548

Shameless promotion: Remember to sign up for the PNWVHFS Conference in
Issaquah, Oct 9-10!