[VHFcontesting] K7BWH on CN92 Hamaker Mtn Oregon, Tuesday 9/8

To: <pnwvhfs@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] K7BWH on CN92 Hamaker Mtn Oregon, Tuesday 9/8
From: "Barry Hansen" <barry@k7bwh.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2015 16:29:10 -0700
Looking for something to do right after Labor Day? I’ll be up on Hamaker Mtn
CN92ab <http://www.coilgun.info/rover_or/CN92.htm#CN92ab36>  (near Klamath
Falls) looking for contacts on 6 and 2 on Tuesday 9/8.

*         On the air at 11 am Pacific, until at least 3 pm and probably until 4
pm

*         SSB and CW

*         50.150 MHz with three elements and 100 watts

*         144.250 MHz with seven elements and 750 watts

*         Confirm my position on APRS http://aprs.fi/k7bwh

*         Text messages to 425-503-5548 (be sure to identify yourself)

This is a long way from population centers, but it’s an excellent location at
6,800’ with good views of the horizon to the east, north and west.  There’s
also a chance that Mike KB7ME will be on the air from his cabin in CN92te.

Distances from CN92ab:
500 miles to Vancouver BC, 446 miles to Spokane, 380 miles to Seattle, 310
miles to Boise, 240 miles to Portland, 83 miles to Lakeview OR

73 Barry K7BWH

PS – Please look for me again the following weekend in the Sept VHF Contest
while I’m roving Oregon’s Great Sandy Desert in DN02, DN03, DN12 and DN13.