[VHFcontesting] 222 in the ARRL VHF contests....

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 222 in the ARRL VHF contests....
From: Marshall-K5QE <k5qe@k5qe.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 20:49:46 -0500
Hello to everyone interested in 222MHz.

In preparation for the ARRL September contest, we have been building a large 222 EME array. We have been building it for about 2 years...AAAAAaaaaaaRGH!!

Well, we finished our big 222MHz EME antenna today. The new antenna is 8 x 222XP40 for a total of 320el in H-pol and in V-pol. The antenna looks great and seems to be working very well. However, we have no 222MHz signals here(I live out in the sticks), so we are not positive that the system can actually hear anything. We will be working on that tomorrow morning. For US and Canada stations, please try us on 222 if you have anything running. Even if you don't have EL on 222, you can work us on your rising or setting moon. We will be running 222 EME on 222.080MHz Second Sequence with 1000W out. Look for us on the N0UK EME-1 page.

I believe that a lot of 222MHz contacts can be made with the better VHF stations by using your normal tropo station and your rising or setting moon. Obviously, stations to the east of us will be looking for us on your setting moon(actually about 45min before your setting moon), while stations to the west of us will be looking for us at your rising moon and for about 45min afterwards. How else are you going to work EM31 on 222??

The new ARRL rules allow Assistance to all stations. That means that you can look at the various Internet resources and you can post to them too. We will be using the N0UK EME-1 page whenever we are on EME, so you can coordinate with us there. This is a very valuable resource, so use it often. Remember, NO CONTACT DETAILS can be posted.

Of course, we will be on 2M EME on 144.142MHz and 432.080MHz both Second sequence as usual. Please work us there if you can.

With our big array, we should be able to work a lot of stations around the US and Canada. But you have to believe that we can do it and you have to actually try....

We will be looking hard for 222 EME contacts, so give us a try.

73 Marshall K5QE