Re: [VHFcontesting] 3cx800a 222 amp

To: VHF Contest Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 3cx800a 222 amp
From: Bill Olson <callbill@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 16:00:03 +0000
Ralph, I'm really straining my brain here, but I seem to remember these triodes
wanted a little inductance in the cathode connection to "neutralize" them. I
remember with an 8874 on 220 back 35 or 40 years ago I build a home made grid
collet with finger stock.. The finger stock was in a solid ring at first but in
order to make the thing work I had to keep bending fingers away from the grid
ring on the tube.. That's all I remember, don't have that amp any more..

Steve, W1SMS, now owns and runs Lunar Link, I'm sure he has the info you want..

bill, k1DY