[VHFcontesting] Cushcraft A270-10 center mount?:

To: VHF reflector <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>, vhf contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, AMSAT BB <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Cushcraft A270-10 center mount?:
From: John Geiger <af5cc2@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 16:31:25 -0600
I have a Cushcraft A270-10S dualband VHF/UHF yagi, and it uses a rear mount
as it comes from the factory.  It would really work better for me if I
center mounted it instead.  I am running it horizontally polarized, so the
mast material won't matter.  Has anyone tried this?  If so, does it work
ok?  I called Cushcraft Tech Support about this and their tech thought that
it should work, but he didn't inspire a huge amount of confidence in me.

73 John AF5CC