[VHFcontesting] FS: Icom 706MKII 6m/2m (plus HF) transceiver

To: vhf contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, VHF reflector <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>, 50mhz <50mhz@mailman.qth.net>, 6meter@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] FS: Icom 706MKII 6m/2m (plus HF) transceiver
From: John Geiger <af5cc2@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2015 09:44:22 -0600
I have for sale an Icom 706MKII which looks almost new and works great.
This compact radio covers all nine HF ham bands plus 6 Meters and 2 Meters!
It does 100 Watts HF+6M and 20 watts on 2m, has a removable head (with
optional cable), Mini spectrum scope, built in Electronic Keyer, built in
SWR meter, speech compression, 100 Memories, accepts an optional SSB or CW
narrow filter, and does FM out of the box including CTCSS encode.

Nice size for VHF roving, giving you the 2 main VHF contest bands, or to
use in the shack as a dedicated radio for 6 meters-leave it on all of the
time to catch those elusive Es openings.  Would also make a great 2 meter
dedicated radio.

It comes with a hand mic, DC power cord, manual and original box. Paypal
accepted (as well as MO and checks) and Prompt shipping.

I used this in the CQWW contest last weekend with great results, and am
only selling it because I got a great deal on a Yaesu FT897D, but I will
miss the 706.

I am asking $450 plus shipping. It can be picked up in Lawton as well.

73 John AF5CC