Re: [VHFcontesting] IC9100?

To: "Peter Laws" <plaws0@gmail.com>, "vhf contesting" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] IC9100?
From: "WM3M" <wm3m@live.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 13:49:21 -0500
Peter,
I owned my IC-9100 for a couple years, sold my IC-910H to buy it. Both great rigs, I like the 9100 better, more features, etc. Biggest advantage I see with the 9100 over other rigs, like the FT-991 that I also have, is the satellite capability. Comparing the 9100 to the 991 on 2 meters and 70 cm, they are similar in receive, 9100 does 100 watts on 2 meters. The HF part of the 9100 is basically an IC-7410. Also you can add 1296 to the 9100. For weak signal digital the USB sound card connection is very good, a few dB better than other external sound cards I have tried. It works very well on all digital modes, all K1JT modes, PSK, etc. Plus you can add DSTAR to the 9100. Overall I like it much better than the older 910H. Good luck, hope this helps some? 73
Emory  WM3M

-----Original Message----- From: Peter Laws