Re: [VHFcontesting] IC9100?

To: vhf contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] IC9100?
From: Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 11:32:31 -0500
On Sun, Jan 31, 2016 at 10:23 PM, Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, but they changed the XFC button from that nice shade of green to
> the same off-black as the rest of the keys.  Icom makes great radios,
> but they need a new person in the Division of Front Panel Labels and
> Buttons.

Another question regarding the IC-9100 ... Anyone using one with a
transverter?  I've never used a transverter with anything, but since
the 9100 doesn't have a transverter output (0 dBm?) like some other
radios, I'm wondering if it's a big deal to get on other bands with
it? With AMSAT headed towards 5/10 Ghz for satellites, I don't want to
cause problems for myself in the future if that's what I end up doing.

Appreciate all the other comments in this thread.