[VHFcontesting] 2M Sprint & WSJT M/S

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 2M Sprint & WSJT M/S
From: Keith Morehouse <w9rm@calmesapartners.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 17:34:44 -0600
...a reminder to all those stations with WSJT capability.

K0TPP and I easily and quickly completed a 950 mile QSO about 30 minutes
into the 2M Sprint yesterday.  Sure, we both run high power, but, given
signal strength received, it would have worked out just as well running
100W (at least on MY end).  I also easily worked K7ULS at his fixed QTH
(275 miles) over two mountain ranges using JT65.

A few more people WSJT-active in the west (as far as I know, Mike and I
were the only ones on) would certainly make the Sprints a more enjoyable
experience, less east-coast-centric and possibly keep my butt in the chair
for more then the first hour.  Setting up WSJT runs is drop-dead simple
using PingJockey or KST Chat - and perfectly legal, rules-wise, both for
Sprints and ARRL VHF contests (Hint - in June...).  And, maybe you can work
a new grid or two.

WSJT - it's not just for 6M, not just for meteor showers...and not just for
meteor scatter.

Jay W9RM
DM58 CO

Keith J Morehouse