[VHFcontesting] new UHF contest rules

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] new UHF contest rules
From: Doug Allen <dougk4ly@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 04:13:14 -0400
The distance metric scoring is long overdue and the absolute, best possible
change.

The early May date, just before much 6 meter E-skip kicks in, seems
appropriate for a UHF contest.  I don't think tropo is much more likely in
early August in most parts of the country, September yes, but early August,
no.

I too dislike prohibiting EME, and agree that a fair "distance" calculation
for all EME contacts be agreed upon.  Marshall, what do you and others
think would be fair?

Is the 20X multiplier for some of the microwave bands too much or
appropriate?

Doug Allen  K4LY  ex-W0AH  W2CRS
arguing for a distance metric for over 20 years!