[VHFcontesting] Microwave Contest results

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Microwave Contest results
From: Donald Fox via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2016 14:05:50 +0000 (UTC)
Ron (WZ1V) and others:
Since my station tops out at 432, I could not get on and pass out points.
I wanted to commend those of you in our great hobby who have and continue to
spend the resources to add the capability to work higher and bands.

For my part here, I always thought it would be great to get to 1296. In my area
of SW Ohio though, the number of folks who have 220 and 432 let alone 1296 or
above seem to be few and far between.
I have had 220 and 432 capability for roughly a year now, and between the
Sprints and the weekly activity nights I am not impressed. For the amount of
investment (which is substantial to me), the cost per contact is quite steep.
For those of you who have been doing this for years, I apologize if I am
"preaching to the choir."

At this point, my plan is to hang on through the upcoming June contest. If my
results here continue to be unimpressive, I will likely sell the 220 and up
equipment to folks who live where there is such activity, and can make good use
of it.
I want stay active on VHF though, so I would remain on 2 and 6 meters while
making improvements there as needed

Hope to work you all soon..............................

Don   N8ECH