[VHFcontesting] FS: Icom 756PRO HF/6m Rig (lower price)

To: forsale-swap@mailman.qth.net, 50mhz <50mhz@mailman.qth.net>, 6meter@yahoogroups.com, ham4sale <ham4sale@yahoogroups.com>, ICOM Reflector <icom@mailman.qth.net>, VHF reflector <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>, vhf contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] FS: Icom 756PRO HF/6m Rig (lower price)
From: John Geiger <af5cc2@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2016 21:35:14 -0500
I have for sale or trade an Icom 756PRO HF/6m radio in very good
condition.  There are a couple of light scratches on the top but overall it
looks very good.  It does 100 watts plus on HF and 6, and includes an
autotuner, dual watch so you can listen to 2 frequencies at the same time,
a bandscope to see what is happening on the band, built in CW memory keyer,
built in voice keyer, and IF DSP so you don't need to buy any filters with
it.  I have used this in the June VHF contest this past weekend with great
results.  It has a much lower noise floor than my Yaesu FT100D, and the
bandscope is great for locating contest activity.

This one is working fine with one exception.  When you turn on the noise
blanker, sometimes it creates a howling like sound.  This seems to be based
on background noise as it does it more with preamp 2 on, and seldom if ever
does it with the preamps off.  I only notice it on SSB also.  The receiver
is so quiet I never use the noise blanker anyways.

The 756PRO comes with the hand mic, power cord, and manual.  Due to the
noise blanker issue, I think a fair price would be $700 shipped for it.
This is a great rig and I would love to keep it, but need some extra money
for repairs.  If you would like a HF/6m/2m/70cm rig, you can probably talk
me out of my Yaesu FT100D which works fine.

73 John AF5CC
Lawton, OK