[VHFcontesting] Coax Switch vs. Duplexer

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Coax Switch vs. Duplexer
From: Jarred Jackson <Jarred.Jackson@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2016 22:59:51 +0000
I have an IC-7000 with a common VHF/UHF output and switch between 2m and 70cm
amplifiers/antennas using a Diamond CX-210A  coax switch. I am thinking of
replacing the switch with a Comet CF-4160 duplexer that I have had laying
around unused. I would like one less thing to do when switching between bands.
It looks like there is 10dB less isolation (60 vs. 70 dB) and about 0.1 dB
additional loss by using the duplexer. The radio sends the amplifiers 5W on 2m
and around 28W on 70cm.

Any concerns / thoughts on making this change? It seems straightforward, but I
have had the same thought on other changes that haven't turned out so well.

Thanks,

Jarred - KF2MR