[VHFcontesting] VE3SMA to be active from FN05 for CQ WW VHF Contest this

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, <ve3_contest@yahoogroups.com>, <OntVHFAssoc@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] VE3SMA to be active from FN05 for CQ WW VHF Contest this weekend
From: Steve Kavanagh via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 18:21:10 +0000 (UTC)
A small group of operators is planning to be on again as a multi-op from
fairly-rare grid FN05 (about 200 km north of Toronto in FN05ce) for the CQ
Worldwide VHF Contest this coming weekend, using my call, VE3SMA.  We'll have
about 300 watts on both 2m and 6m.  For FSK441 meteor scatter on both bands we
will post our frequency and sequence from time to time on Ping Jockey.  Look
for us on the following frequencies for CW & SSB:

6m CW: just below 50.100,
6m SSB: 50.137 or 50.177
2m CW/SSB: 144.200 (when band is quiet), 144.177 or 144.237

Last year we were able to make a couple of JT65 EME QSOs on 2m shortly after
moonrise.  We may attempt that again, though the EME conditions are not
expected to be that great this year

Sked requests are welcome.  We'll likely monitor ON4KST chat, etc. on and off
during the contest but, in accordance with the CQ contest rules, we aren't
allowed to say much (with some limited exceptions for digital meteor scatter
and EME attempts) !

73,
Steve VE3SMA