Re: [VHFcontesting] Height vs. foliage

To: vhf contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Height vs. foliage
From: Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2016 14:51:08 -0500
On Sat, Jul 30, 2016 at 2:25 PM, K7XC Tim Marek <k7xcnv1@gmail.com> wrote:
> using only 100W to a home brew 6ele yagi at 30 Feet.

Yagi, shamgi.  I use my 80-40 trap dipole!  :-D  I did have a KB6KQ
loop (and one for 2m as well - both for sale, BTW) but I found the
wire was at least equivalent.  Most of my 130 confirmed grids on 6 are
with wire.  OTOH, I have very little DX (looks like 8 worked, 5
confirmed including K/VE) ...

I DO have an MFJ Yagi for 6m, it's just not helping my signal in the
garage, disassembled. :-)

Also, let me say, there is NEVER a bad time to put money into
antennas, regardless of band.