Re: [VHFcontesting] Pin Mapping Contacts

To: tmayo6@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Pin Mapping Contacts
From: John Young via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 08:28:22 -0400
Tom,

Wow,  thank yoi for setting that up.  I will give it a try tonight.

Since I only have a couple hundred contacts to map I startrd the task last
night plotting lat-long.  It was as slow as I feared but then it got a lot
faster.....

I downloaded a 6 digit grid square overlay for google earth.  Then by opening
the detail page map on qrz for each call in a window next to google earth I had
street level detail for the QTH and I could compare maps quickly.

By zooming in on google earth to the listed 6 digit grid and matching the roads
up I was able to set the pins within a few feet in most cases.  After some
practice it only took about a minute or so per pin to map it out.  This is a
reasonable task with just a couple hundred contacts.

Learning a lot from this exercise.  When I get done I will post a link to
results.

Tom,  I will follow up on the use of the code you so kindly wrote.

73
John

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail