[VHFcontesting] W9SZ 432 Fall Sprint

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, NLRS List <nlrs@mailman.qth.net>, vhfqrp <vhfqrp@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] W9SZ 432 Fall Sprint
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2016 12:37:41 -0500
432 MHz Fall Sprint

Call: W9SZ
Operator(s): W9SZ
Station: W9SZ

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: EN50ue
Operating Time (hrs): 2.0

Total:  QSOs = 3  Mults = 2  Tot Dist(km) = 613  Total Score = 6

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

I tried out my newly-acquired FT-817 barefoot in this contest. I don't
think it
hears as well as my transverter station (which has a GaAsFET preamp) and
only
runs about half the power. I only heard the three stations I worked and
K9MRI,
who I didn't work. It was an interesting experiment.

I know the 6-character grids of the stations I worked, so the distance
total is
pretty close.