[VHFcontesting] NL7CO/R in January VHF Contest

To: vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu, vhfcontesting@contesting.com, vhfrovers@yahoogroups.com, rmvhf@rmvhf.org, n0ll@ruraltel.net, kb0hh73@sbcglobal.net, k5sw@arrl.net, DFWcontest@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] NL7CO/R in January VHF Contest
From: n12614--- via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2017 11:11:16 -0500
I’m in the process of making final(hah!) plans for the January VHF Contest
Rove.

Weather dependent, I plan to driveto Dumas, TX (DM95) on Friday night and then
up to the OK panhandle forSTARTEX.

I’d like to start in the DM86 / DM87/ DM96 / DM97 grid convergence and I have
worked some RMVHF stations form thisgeneral area in the past.  I should alsobe
able to hit N0LL and KB0HH with no problems from this area.

Then we’ll move to the EM06 / EM07 /EM16 / EM17 grid convergence area.  Ishould
lose the majority of the RMVHF-ers in this spot, but pick up K5SW andsome
others.

From there it is south on I-35 foras far as I can get before ENDEX.

Right now, I am planning to run as alimited rover and will have 6m (100w, 3
elements), 2m (100w, 18 elements),1.25m (50w, 7 elements), and 70cm (75w, 18
elements).  I will also have FM on the calling frequencyof those bands.

I can bring 23cm (10w, 35 elements)if someone wants to try it and I will turn
that log in as a checklog so youstill get credit for the QSO.

Don, NL7CO/R